Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Being disabled is so hard to take...


It's so important that you don't give your rights away. People will do anything they can to deny you having representation if you let them. You should have a bigger say in what happens to you
When you've been eating toast for three years and then you get banned from having it because it's a risk, you think to yourself who are these people making such crap decisions? You wonder if they can be trusted. Nothing has happened in three years for it to justify a ban. These are the kind of people i have to deal with everyday. It's no wonder i get pissed off with them.

If i get the chance to go to court and get rid of them, then i'm going to take it. It's something i have to do.
They have taken my rights away and i want them back. I have full mental capacity and know what i'm doing. They, on the other hand, do not. They are a joke.
The biggest insult you can face, as a disabled person, is to be treated like a 5-yearold kid.
It's the way they treat you and it has to be stopped.

SALT is their name. DOLS (deprivation of liberties) should also be investigated. They are supposed to help you but they do not. They should be accoutable for their actions but they never are. The disabled need better representation than they get. The system has a serious fault of which nobody seems to care about. If i was a black man being represented by SALT or DOLS i would have a noose placed around my neck right now to prevent me speaking out about them.

Who cares what i have to say? I'm disabled and no-one ever listens to me. People just laugh if i raise a concern They say SALT can't be that bad. Yes, they CAN! Their decisions don't even make sense. They never did. You hope somewhere that change is going to come but you doubt it ever will. Being black AND disabled has to be the worse combination ever.

24 comments:

  1. People who have never experienced disability can be extremely condescending and insulting. Eat all the toast you want!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You've hit the nail on the head. It's a very good assessment of what I have to put up with.

      Delete
    2. I asked them why they even banned me in the first place. They couldn't tell me. They've banned me from eating other foods. Foods that I'd shown I COULD eat.

      Delete
  2. They've lifted the ban on toast following a complaint I made.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. They make me eat toast made with brown bread.

      Delete
  4. Well, thank goodness the ban has been lifted. Go ahead now and enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Having SALT in charge of anything is like having the keystone kops in charge of law and order. You simply wouldn't have them. They are an accident waiting to happen. I eat toast now. It was only because I complained about it though. When will they ever get things get things right?

      Delete
  5. "You are a better/stronger man than I am, Gunga Din!" You are resilient, Treey! Stick to your rights! Don't let the bastards win!

    And I see you haven't let them with the toast battle!

    Ditto, Bob Bushell...here's a toast to you! Cheers! :)

    Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you believe in doing something badly enough then you have to do it. I'm fed up with the way I get treated. It's not just me, of course, because there must be thousands of other patients whose life is destroyed by SALT. The Same as mine has been destroyed by them.

      Delete
  6. I agree as well Terry. I guess it's along the lines of the saying "those who cannot do, teach."...I know that feeling of discrimination and being treated like a child, it is hard to accept. I hope your fight does something to get your rights back. First it's toast, but then what's next?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rain. 😉 The ban has been used by them loads of times. Everything they banned were foods I'd been eating for months. Why the hell did they impose a ban??
      I even imposed a ban on myself eating Sunday roasts. They're a hazard for me. Have you seen the size of those roast potatoes? I ask for a vegetarian chilli instead. Much safer.

      Delete
  7. I applaud you for speaking up for what you want and need. It is a difficult path, but standing up for what's right is the only way things will change.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Change is definitely what's needed if it's to succeed. A bit of competition too. How do patients rate them? If they underperform can they be replaced?

      Delete
  8. Let's drink a toast to the return of toast! Hey SALT! If you are reading this, be afraid! I know where you live!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They live in a coffin by day and come out at night....

      Delete
  9. What could possibly be wrong with toast? You should have it if you want it. Every day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They made a massive mistake when they banned toast. It was obvious then that they had to go. They were clueless.

      Delete
  10. I wonder if it's just the particular individuals in SALT at your home who do not understand their job, or if all SALT personnel are doing the same. In the end, for you, it doesn't matter what the answer is because you are stuck with the ones you have. I do hope it's not like this for disabled people in homes across the whole country. Gah. I'm glad you got your toast back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm told if I eat white bread I will fall down and die a horrible death.
      Funny thing is, I've had four slices today and nothing has happened to me. 🙄

      Delete
  11. Eating toast is a safety risk? Even when you've been eating toast for three years without any mishap? That's just bonkers. As you know, my sister is severely disabled with MND, and she doesn't say much about the way she's treated, but I expect she gets all the usual condescension, rejection and insensitivity. The UK is turning into a very nasty country.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Nigel/Nick, being disabled is THIS bad. We're left to the mercy of morons.

      Delete

I don’t know a lot of things and my memory has seen better times.  We can’t know everything that is going to happen, but everything does fo...